PAHALWAN’S is a premier name in the Manufacturing, Trading & Retailing of Indian Sweets, Namkeens & other snacks etc. in the ‘City Of Temples’ since the Year 1934 having four Retail Outlets at Pir Mitha, Gandhi Nagar, Bari Brahmana and Food Court Wave Mall and most hygienic manufacturing facility at Sanjay Nagar Jammu. The PAHLWAN’S are the Pride of J&K and the Heart of Jammu’s USP.
The Familiar, Sweet and Quality Journey with Dudh, Dahi, Barfi and Rabri was started with its foundation in the year 1934 by Nanto Shah (popular name of our founder Sh. Anant Ram Abrol). It has seen many changes and upward trends of improvements in Quality and Variety over the past more than seven decades (74 years) now.
In 1988 the media had reported that when Malika Pukhraj visited Jammu after over four decades, she noticed the changes in Pahalwan’s from a traditional milk shop to a modern style sweet shop at Pir Mitha, one of their three prestigious Retail outlets as on today. The second one being at Gandhi Nagar which came up in 1991 and the third one at Bari Brahmana which became operational in 2006.
The basic fundas of Quality and Reasonable price were started and introduced by the founder himself who was trained for over 14 years by his mentor and Guru Sh.Mani Ram Pahalwan in Machhi Hatta, Lahore before starting this venture in 1934. The consistency in Quality was appreciated and awarded in 1952 by the then Prime Minister of J&K Jenab Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah.
The brothers of Sh. Anant Ram at that time, who assisted him in business and their sons now have carried the baton of Quality forward consistently and have established a most hygienic manufacturing facility in Sanjay Nagar with emphasis on more automation using the most modern technology to suits the contemporary taste and less involvement of workforce in the preliminary manufacturing process. The workforce is more involved in the precision work and ensuring and assuring of the consistent quality of products to your Family’s Taste.